Gold Coast Rat Treatment
We use the following methods for Control
All products are placed into tamper proof lockable stations to ensure small children and pets are save.
- Soft chew baits
- Liquid baits
- Tracking dusts
- Snap trap
- Sticky boards
- Live traps
We treat all
External gardens, sheds, garages and any other outdoor structures that provide rats with an area to hide.
Internal roof voids and behind appliances where rats will hide whilst in your home looking for food.
Using these methods we are completely confident that your property will be flea free and always offer a full 12 month warranty on this type of treatment.
Facts about Rats
- An adult rat can squeeze into your home through a hole as small as the size of a 20 cent piece.
- Rats can live for up to 18 months, but most die before they are one year old.
- Rats have strong teeth that allow them to chew through glass, wood, wire, aluminium and lead.
- Smell, taste, touch and sound help direct them to their food sources.
- Rats are also responsible for spreading bubonic plague, also known as the “Black Death”. Although fleas are primarily responsible for infecting humans, they were originally infected with the plague by feeding on the blood of rats.
Rats are scavengers. They have an excellent sense of taste and a good memory. A rat can identify certain substances, including rat poisons, after just a tiny taste of it.
When rats invade buildings, they usually remain in the subfloor, roof void or ground floor. They also live in paddocks, shed, garages, farms, woodpiles and buildings. Their nests are usually lined with shredded paper or cloth.
These rats are known for the damage they cause by chewing on materials, urinating on food and eating stored foods. They have also been known to chew on wires, which can cause fires to start. They also carry disease and ectoparasites. Rats will also attack both animals and humans.
- Rats will eat almost anything, so keep your homes clean and don’t leave food out.
- Make sure that your home and storage areas are clean and dry.
- Make sure that you clean your sheds, crawlspaces, and garbage cans often.
- Close up any small holes and cracks they can come in through.